THE INSTITUTE’S SCIENTIFIC, RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT ACTIVITY
The excerpts from Institute's Statute
4. The main research objectives of the Institute
Relativistic nuclei and particles interactions with nuclei in a wide range of initial energies; experiments aimed at studying the multiple hadrons generation, search for multi-baryon resonances and isobars in collisions with nuclei, measurements of interaction total cross sections of hadron collisions with using polarized and non-polarized hadron beams;
Experimental and theoretical study of nuclear reactions, and nuclei and elementary particles properties, investigations of nuclear reactions with multinucleon transfers, determination of nuclei’s vertex constants, development of elementary particles new models, application of low energy nuclear physics results to solve a number of astrophysical problems;
Highly excited state in nuclei, and interactions of these nuclei with nuclei at low energies, experiments to search for heavy neutrinos, theoretical studies of atomic nucleus models.
Effect of radiation on various materials used in reactors, accelerators and nuclear facilities, creation of new materials.
Solid-state radiation physics, radiation material science and instrumentation development:
Peculiarities of radiation processes in multicomponent solid states for the purpose of revealing of general regularities for wide class of materials and their special manifestation in ordered and non-ordered systems;
Creation of new highly sensitive screening radioanalytical methods for toxicants determination in ecological researches and environment protection, research and development of perspective radiochemical and radioanalytical medical diagnostics methods, including disease early stage diagnostics, and screening tests for examination of population of Uzbekistan.
Radiochemistry and radioisotope production:
Research works automation:
Creation of the microprocessor based experimental research and data processing automation system for major nuclear-physical facilities of the Institute;
5. Institute is responsible for selection and expertise level of appropriate physics research topics, effectiveness of researches carried out and wide implementation of their results in national economy.
6. Institute organizes activities in applied research areas, encourages inventive creativity, which facilitates advances in scientific-technical level of research results, technology competitiveness of output production.
7. To carry out these tasks the Institute:
8. Institute provides construction and reconstruction works, as well as capital repair of capital assets, provides the quickest commissioning of facilities and purchased equipments;
9. Institute actively supports the scientific-research works by providing the material-technical procurement;
10. Institute has rights to manage revenues earned after budget is fixed and taxes are paid off, and to use them on its own discretion according to decision of Institute’s Academic Council; Institute manages the financial resources allocated and transmitted by economical contracts, providing maximal costs saving and timely calculations with State budget, banking institutions, suppliers, contractors and other organizations;
11. Institute keeps accounting, implements advanced methods and forms of accounting and calculation, makes accounting reports according to the approved forms and presents them to appropriate authorities in established terms;
12. Institute provides its employees with conditions for highly effective works, enforces observance of labor legislation, labor protection rules and regulations, safety, sanitation, and labor discipline. According to established procedures, the Institute carries out attestation of its employees, as well as announces vacancy to fill scientist position through competitive selection.
13. Institute realizes measures to use mostly effective the established employees’ remuneration system.
14. Institute actively facilitates the implementation of commitments accepted by all departments, and permanently improves working conditions, everyday life and recreation of its employees.
15. In accordance with the legislation, the Institute rewards its employees for successful performance.
16. Institute realizes all necessary measures on protection of air, soil and water from contamination with waste waters and products.
17. The Administration board of AS RU evaluates the Institute’s scientific works in accordance with the established procedures not less than once in three years, and based on the results of this evaluation the appropriate resolutions should be drawn.