- Dynamics of nuclearreactions with heavy ions;
- development of theoretical methods to study the mechanism of nuclear reactions at low energies (near the Coulomb barrier);
- modelling and estimation of the favorable conditions to synthesize new superheavy elements and rare isotopes far from the beta-stability valley in nuclear reactions with massive nuclei;
- study of deep-inelastic collision and capture reactions, fusion-fission and quasifission processes;
- cluster decay of the excited nuclei;
- binary fission and tri-partition of massive nuclei;
- formation of the atomic nuclei far from a valley of beta-stability in the multinucleon transfer reactions.
Scientists of the Laboratory of heavy ion physics have long-term experience of the theoretical analysis of experimental data about fission of nuclei measured in Institute of nuclear physics of Uzbekistan Academy of science, about synthesis of superheavy elements and fusion-fission of the nuclei obtained in Joint institute for nuclear research (Dubna, Russian Federation), and also in the Center of heavy ion researches in Darmstadt (Germany). They have close cooperation with the colleagues from the Bogoliubov Laboratory of theoretical physics of Joint Institute for nuclear research in development of new theoretical models for the description and interpretation of the experimental data, being a source of the information on processes which take place at collision of heavy ions.
The Laboratory pays special attention to preparation of young specialists: there are close links with the Physical faculty of National University of Uzbekistan and other high schools of Republic of Uzbekistan. Graduates of high schools spend practical courses, being engaged in theoretical researches of the mechanism of nuclear reactions with heavy ions together with their senior colleagues. Results of their research works are published in prestigious editions and appreciated by foreign scientists. They receive invitations for performance of the teamwork in foreign scientific centers. Middle age of scientific employees of laboratory - 38.
Collaboration with other scientific centers:
1. Laboratory of Theoretical Physics of Joint Institute For Nuclear
Research (Dubna, Rissia);
2. University of Gissen (Gissen, Germany);
3. University of Messina (Messina, Italy);
4. GSI Helmholtz Centre for Heavy Ion Research (Darmstadt, Germany);
5. Large Heavy Ion National Accelerator (GANIL) (Caen, France).
Employees of Laboratory of heavy ion physics
There are 12 employees now (January 2013). 7 of them are scientific employees:
Nasirov Avazbek Karimovich - the doctor of physical and mathematical sciences, leading researcher. He works in group of researchers, since 1980, and in Laboratory from the date of its basis. His activity is devoted to study fission induced by neutrons and charged particles, fusion-fission of nuclei in heavy ion collisions and synthesis of superheavy elements. He has more than 100 published scientific works in prestigious magazines.
Ishmuratov Abduhalim Nasimovich - candidate of physical and mathematical sciences, the senior scientific employee. He works in the Laboratory since 2003, and during with 1995 for 1996 worked in combining job. Ishmuratov A.N. is an expert in the field of research of the physical phenomena proceeding under action multicharged ions of laser plasma on atoms of a solid body. He the participant and one of executors of the program on development of a laser source of ions for cyclotron У-150. He is the author more than 30 publications.
Kalandarov Shuhrat Atajanovich - the candidate of physical and mathematical sciences, the young researcher. He works in Laboratory since 2003. He is one of young scientists, among physicists who carry out researches of cluster emission from the excited nuclei. He has about 15 published scientific papers in prestigious journals.
Tashkhodjaev Rustam Bakhodirkhodjaevich - he young researcher . He works in Laboratory since 2008. He is one of the youngest scientists of Laboratory who is engaged to study the ternary and binary fission of heavy nuclei and cluster decay of heavy ions. He has 5 published scientific papers.
In Laboratory as well as there are students who study in a magistracy of the Physical faculty of National university of Uzbekistan: Kayumov Bakhodir (his supervisor is doctor of science Avazbek Nasirov), Alpomishev Erkin (his supervisor is doctor of science Zokirjon Kanokov), Bobojonov Gulomjon (his supervisor is doctor of science Zokirjon Kanokov).
The state and international premiums:
- The state premium - «Biruniy» ( Muminov A.I., 1974);
- The JINR (Russia) premium - (Nasirov A.K., 2001).
A. K. Nasirov, Kyungil Kim, G. Mandaglio, G. Giardina, A. I. Muminov, Youngman Kim, “Main restrictions in the synthesis of new superheavy
elements: quasifission or/and fusion-fission”, Eur. Phys. J. A, 49:137, (2013)
- B. M. Kayumov, A. K. Nasirov, “Dynamics of capture mechanism in heavy ion collisions at coulomb barrier energies”, УзМУ хабарлари, № 2/1, с. 169-172, (2013)
- G. Mandaglio, G. Giardina, A. K. Nasirov, and A. Sobiczewski , “Investigation of the 48 Ca +249–252 Cf reactions synthesizing isotopes of the superheavy element 118”, Phys. ReV. C 86 ( 2012) 064607.
- A. K. Nasirov, R. B. Tahkhodzhaev, and O. O. Abdurazakov, "True Ternary Fission of 236U: A Sequential Mechanism?", Bulletin of the Russian Academy of Sciences. Physics, 2012, Vol. 76, No. 4, pp. 467–471. (2012)
- G. Mandaglio, A.K. Nasirov, F. Curciarello, V. De Leo, M. Romaniuk, G. Fazio, and G. Giardina, “Processes in massive nuclei reactions and the way to complete fusion of reactants. What perspectives for the synthesis of heavier superheavy elements?”, EPJ Web of Conferences, 38 01001 (2012)
- Sh.A. Kalandarov, N.V. Antonenko, G.G. Adamian, "Light charged particle multiplicities in fusion and quasifission reactions ", Phys. ReV. C , 2012, (в печати).
- Sh.A. Kalandarov, N.V. Antonenko, G.G. Adamian, " Production of doubly magic nucleus 100Sn in fusion and quasifission reactions", Phys. ReV. C, 2012, (в печати).
- А.К. Насиров, Р.Б. Ташходжаев, О.О. Абдураззаков, Истинное тройное деление 236U: последовательный механизм.- Известия РАН, серия физическая, т.76, в.4, с.535-539 (2012)
- Каландаров Ш.А., Адамян Г.Г., Н.В. Антоненко, "Эмиссия тяжелых кластеров в ядерных реакциях при низких энергиях столкновения", ЭЧАЯ, т.43, в.6, с.825-866, (2012).
- A.K. Nasirov, A.I. Muminov, G. Giardina, G. Mandaglio, “Interpretation of reaction mechanisms basing on fissionlike products in heavy ion collision” The abstract book of the International Conference on Nuclear Science and its Application, September 25-28, 2012, Samarkand, Uzbekistan, p. 74-76.
- R.B. Tashkhodjaev, A.K. Nasirov, W. Scheid, “Collinear cluster tripartition as sequential binary fission in the 235U(nth,f) reaction”, EPJ-A, (2011 ) 47:136.
- Sh. A. Kalandarov, G. G. Adamian, N. V. Antonenko, W. Scheid, and J. P. Wieleczko. “Role of the entrance channel in the production of complex fragments in fusion-fission and quasifission reactions in the framework of the dinuclear system model”, Phys. Rev. C 84, 064601 (2011).
- Sh. A. Kalandarov, G. G. Adamian, N. V. Antonenko, W. Scheid, and J. P. Wieleczko, , “Emission of clusters with Z>2 from excited actinide nuclei”, Phys. Rev. C 84, 064601 (2011).
- Sh. A. Kalandarov, G. G. Adamian, N. V. Antonenko, W. Scheid, S. Heinz, V. Comas, S. Hofmann, J. Khuyagbaatar, D. Ackermann, J. Heredia, F. P. Heßberger, B. Kindler, B. Lommel, and R. Mann, “Decay of excited nuclei produced in 78,82Kr+40Ca reactions at 5.5 MeV/nucleon”, Phys. Rev. C 84, 054607 (2011)
- Sh. A. Kalandarov, G. G. Adamian, N. V. Antonenko, and W. Scheid, “Non-Markovian dynamics of an open quantum system with nonstationary coupling”, Phys. Rev. C 83, 054611 (2011)
- S. A. Kalandarov, G. G. Adamian, N. V. Antonenko, and W. Scheid, “Emission of charged particles from excited compound nuclei”, Phys. Rev. C 82, 044603 (2010).
- A.K. Nasirov, G. Mandaglio, M. Manganaro, A.I. Muminov, G. Fazio, G. Gardina. “Quasifission and difference in formation of evaporation residues in the 16O + 184W and 19F + 181Ta reactions”, Phys. Lett. B 686 (2010), 72-77.
- C.L. Zhang, H.Q. Zhang, C.J. Lin, A.K. Nasirov, G. Mandaglio, M. Manganaro, G. Gardina, “Competition between fusion-fission and quasifission processes in 32S + 184W reaction”, Nucl. Phys. A 834 (2010) 201-204.
- G. Giardina, G. Fazio, G. Mandaglio, M. Manganaro, A. K. Nasirov, M. V. Romaniuk, C. Saccá, “Expectations and limits to synthesize nuclei with Z>120”, Int. Jour. of Modern Physics E Vol. 19, (2010) 882-893.
- A. K. Nasirov, G. Giardina, G. Mandaglio, M. Manganaro, A. I. Muminov, “Mechanisms producing fissionlike binary fragments in heavy ion collisions”, Int. Jour. of Modern Physics E Vol. 19, (2010) 997-1008.